2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2017 1:11 AM by wmesko

MILLENNIUM

johnnyenglish

Description

MILLENNIUM - (under construction)

The name got stuck back when i used Matrox Graphics Cards, i did had a ATI Rage Fury on loan before but a G400 Max was the sucessor. Later i moved back to ATI with a 9000Pro instead of buying a Matrox Parhelia. I made my move to 9700Pro and since then: 9800Pro; X1950Pro and HD4870.

Upgrade Plan:

CPU: AMD FX8370

MB: ASUS M5A97 EVO

PSU: Corsair Hx750i

SSD: Add another R7 240Gb for RAID

GPU: ASUS R9 380X

Color scheme: Brit Flag Red&Blue

Trying out a multi color LED for the night

Need to buy in a hurry:

- CPU Aux cable extender.

- Thermosleeve to "hide" the GPU power cables or at least turn them black.

Specifications

CPUAMD Phenom II 965BE
      CoolerZalman CNPS 8000
      MotherboardASUS M4785TD V EVO
      MemoryCorsair Vengeance 8Gb LP
      GraphicsAMD/ATI ASUS HD4870 2Gb
      Disc Drive 1AMD R7 SSD 240Gb
      Disc Drive 2AMD R7 SSD 240Gb (soon)
      Optical DriveDVD (need external case)
      PSUNOX URANO 600W
      CaseCorsair 450D
      ExtrasMulticolor Led Lighting (installing)

DSC_0067.JPG

• Re: MILLENNIUM
          johnnyenglish

Description

Ecologic AKA Tiny Tim

This is the lowest i can get to build a very cheap computer for my weekends away from the city.

A lot of you may ask why this particular low end APU, why not a A8 or A10. Well, i bought all of these for a little under 100€ or 111USD, so its quite cheap allright, no other part would cost me this low. Even if you try building a Celeron J1800 system, this would cost at least 80€ (98USD) here. Instead of that, i spent 65USD on APU+MOBO (brand new), 20USD on a really old screen, 10 for GPU about 15 for DDR3 modules, hdd and case. I could've bought a used CPU too but when you buy used stuff, you don't always get what you want.

I got windows 10 running smooth and Deus Ex Human Revolution in playable condition (35-40fps) with 1680x1050 resolution, low settings of course, not everything on low but almost. I setup the Tiny Tim in a 22inch screen but the budget only allowed myself a 19inch so i guess 1280x1024 will give me a boost in fps while playing some games, plus getting the settings to medium, perhaps.

I had a great fun building it and i wanted to know how good can be the low budget hardware, plus, spending too much on a computer that will work less than a couple of hours on weekends its just not a good ideia, a laptop could do the trick better but its alot more expensive.

Conclusion:

It will play DX HR at decent levels and Bioshock 1&2 pretty well. Surfing the net (which was the primary goal) is just easy piece of cake.

I'd say..

Mission Accomplished!

13528113_10206931211734630_7910396649278481537_o.jpg

Specifications

CPUAMD Athlon 5150 @2Ghz
          CoolerStock
          MotherboardASUS AM1M-A
          MemoryCorsair 2Gb XMS III
          GraphicsAMD ASUS HD6670 1Gb
          Disc Drive 1Toshiba 2.5 7200rpm 320Gb
          Optical Drive
          Samsung DVD