0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 3:34 AM by digidreamer

Windows 7 Pro 64Bit, Showing 2 Cores Core #0 stays at 575 Mhz, Core #1 Stepps from 575 to 2300Mhz,

digidreamer

I'm using a HP gt7725 Thin Client as a HTPC, Installed Hard Drive Etc. Windows XP runs fine, 2 Cores between 1150 and 2300Mhz, (Linux Kodi Helix runs fine),

Installed Windows 7 Pro 64Bit, Showing 2 Cores Core #0 stays at 575 Mhz, Core #1 Stepps from 575 to 2300Mhz, (Info from HWMonitor),Task Manager showing both cores are active, at simular Activity levels. On the whole system seems very slow in comparison. (CPU-Z Shows 575Mhz), Temps look ok, both cores about the same..

Not yet Activated Windows 7, Don't want to comit to useing it if It's being crippled by the Hardware incompatability, As I'm will be intending to be Useing Windows Media Centre, so wil not be Tring to Upgrade to 10.

I've tried changing the power configuration from balanced to High Performance,

tried "checking" the proressors to 1 in MSconifg,

reloaded OS twice.

also tried an app to turn off core parking

Checked the BIOS settings, If it's AMD's Powernow! Issue, I can't access it from the Power options in the BIOS (HP GT7725 has a very limited Bios Options)

Bios Flashed,

Can I bring Core #0 online? or is it a compatability problem with win7? or software issue not reading the first core proparly?

Windows7 Experiance Index for Processer of 3.1

CPU in question AMD turion 64 x2 zm84 2300Mhz

Also if i install the AMD Dual Processor Driver on XP i get the same Out come, is there and older driver for win7?

Ok, no answers,Looks like it's time to give up MS Windows, Linux works without issues, looks like this is a Linux Machine from now on..