AnsweredAssumed Answered

I'm trying to put a system together based on the fx8350 processor and the R9 380 gpu for Ubuntu 16.04. I'm having difficulty trying to figure out what motherboard to buy.

Question asked by sunrunner on May 17, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 by sunrunner

I'm looking to put together a machine based on the fx 8350 chip and an R9 380 video card for financial and statistical programs that  I write myself in C++ using 64 bit Lubuntu 16.04 LTS as the operating system. I've done a lot of research on this and from what I've read both Gigabyte and MSI 970A series have problems with ethernet connection and USB 2.0-3.0 even when the iommu setting is set to on in the motherboard. It seems the 990fx series does better in these respects.  ASUS seems to be the most Linux friendly regardless of distro. Can anyone suggest a motherboard that will be Lubuntu 16.04 friendly without too many setup issues. Please note that  I really don't need the power of the R9 380 card but it works well with the new AMDGPU driver and for the most part what is most important is that I can read the screen without distortion.

Thank you

Outcomes