1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2016 2:36 AM by amdmatt

Problem with downloading drivers for my laptop - computer crashed and I had to refresh my OS

spagheddie

I have an HP Envy 15z with AMD Radeon HD 8750M graphics card as well as Radeon HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics. Earlier I was asking a friend why my computer seemed to have a lower performance even though there were dual graphics in my laptop, so he told me to try updating my drivers. I went to the AMD website and tried using their auto-detect tool but that kept saying it was up to date, but the AMD catalyst control center which I previously used to manage my GPU settings and all other things was entirely gone and when I did somehow find the familiar icon, whenever I would click it it wouldn't pop up.

So I then manually tried searching for a driver that was compatible with my GPU and when I downloaded one, my computer installed it midway before the screen blacked out and I had to hold the power button after it wouldn't change for awhile. It then lead to me "preparing auto repair" and for awhile it was stuck at the HP logo until it forced me to refresh my OS. Now I'm here, with my refreshed computer but my GPU seems to be even worse than before. Is there a reason why my computer basically crashes when I install new drivers? When I use the auto-detect now, it says I can download stuff but then I get an NSIS error.