4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 5:19 AM by andrew881

pc lags then freezes during games

andrew881

I am really upset. I have updated all drivers of all hardware of my pc. Freezes only happen during game. I check temperature of gpu cpu and MOBO and they are all ok. After minutes of gaming i get lags, a lot of lag (it says 10 fps but they are likely much less) then pc freezes with a brief zzzzzzz sound. Then i get blue screen here  https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dd3vljsih06skx/20160514_182929.jpg?dl=0

I have downloaded and installed the crimson driver and tried to install the crimson hotfix but this last one always fails to install.

• Re: pc lags then freezes during games
          andrew881

Core i5 2300 (with dissipator artic freezer 7 pro rev 2); windows 7 64 bit; mainboard asrock z68 usb3; ram dd3 kingston 8 gb (4+4); AMD radeon r9 270;  ali XFX pro series 450 w edition v2

kingfish

Could be your power supply. Recommended is 500 watt...quality PS.

This is Guru3D's generic power supply recommendation for the R7 and R9 series:

• AMD R7 260X - On your average system the card requires you to have a 450 Watt power supply unit.
              • AMD R7 260X Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 650 Watt power supply unit as minimum.
              • AMD R9 270 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.
              • AMD R9 270 Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit as minimum.
              • AMD R9 270X - On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.
              • AMD R9 270X Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit as minimum.
              • AMD R9 280X - On your average system the card requires you to have a 550 Watt power supply unit.
              • AMD R9 280X Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 750 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

If you are going to overclock GPU or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina. There are many good PSUs out there, please do have a look at our many PSU reviews as we have loads of recommended PSUs for you to check out in there. What would happen if your PSU can't cope with the load:

• bad 3D performance
              • crashing games
              • spontaneous reset or imminent shutdown of the PC
              • freezing during gameplay
              • PSU overload can cause it to break down
                  andrew881

my PSU is 450w true but it is of excellent quality so much better than those PSU of 500-600w of lower quality, so i have been told.

Lags and freezing only happen sometimes, not always, even while playing the same videogame.  What does the blue screen i have posted say about my problem? As i said when i get lags, it usually freezes then the blue screen appears and i have to reboot pc.  Please since you are more informed than me, could you interprete than screen?

Anyway i have tested memory with memtest and they are ok, I have installed an Iobit all around software which has scanned, fixed registry errors of all pc; then i have used prime95 to stress cpu, i saw a load of 100% and nothing happened; I have checked temperatures of gpu, cpu and motherboard, they were all ok even during game (less than 80 degrees celsius). All drivers of pc are updated (i have an iobit sftw which does that automatically).  Only thing is that my windows 7 is not official but cracked ( i bought a license but could not use it and got poor help by microsoft, so i had to do it)...could that be the problem too?