2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 5:13 AM by brianvd2

red screen bf4

michaelseidler1@t-online.de

hallo leute

habe neuerdings das wenn ich bf4 spiele der Red Screen auftaucht und ich den Rechner neu starten muss kann jemand helfen bitte

ATI RADEON 380 X2

• Re: red screen bf4
          bkasper

Hi

I had the same issue once and suspected this error came from the Graphics card. I have ASUS R9 290 4GB.

Everything was new - CPU, Memory, GPU, PSU and Mainboard and I had just builed the computer - so the issue could be everything.

I googled alot and found that it is called RSOD (Red Screen of Death).... I could often play BF4 for 1-10 minutes and then the RSOD appearred and the computer restarted itself. I googled and found out that RSOD is appearring when you got a hardware issue.

I found out after a lot of testing of all the parts, that my CPU was the issue - actually the CPU paste.

The strange thing was that it was only BF4 and another few games that was failing - other games worked fine.

Anyway it was the last thing I ever expected after having tested with other graphics cards, memory modules and PSU´s.

I cleaned the CPU of old paste and started over with a little less CPU paste and assembled the PC again (after many times).

After doing this everything worked fine - especially BF4 which was the main purpose.

I am not good at german and I hope this text helps in english.

Good luck and I hope you get it to work.

• Re: red screen bf4
            brianvd2

hey Michael, could you post your full system specs including motherboard, cpu and power supply?

Have you tried running a stress benchmark such as aida64 to see if your system was able to perform as expected?