1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 3:22 AM by chard074

BSOD - THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

casey

Hello,

About 1-2 weeks ago, I was required to update my graphics driver to accommodate a change in one of the early access games I was playing-- the update required me to install Vulkan Runtime. I've done some outside research and have determined that AMD is compatible with this program, leading me to rule out this as the culprit for this issue...

However, right after that point I began having issues. At random times, namely when I had a game open, my computer would freeze for a few seconds and then come up with a BSOD with the error marked "thread_stuck_in_device_driver."

This has happened 5 times so far.

SYSTEM INFO AS PROVIDED IN RADEON SETTINGS:
      Radeon Software Version: 16.3.2

Radeon Software Edition: Crimson

Version: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Core Clock: 720 MHz
      Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
      System Memory: 8 GB
      Memory Size: 1024 MB

CPU Type: AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
      Memory Type: DDR3

There is also an additional hardware tab to the far right of the Radeon Settings window reading "AMD Radeon R9 255 (Disabled)."

I have tried updating my drivers using the AMD Autodetect tool and have also scanned for malware. My antiviral program found nothing suspicious on my computer. I have also removed Raptr and the AMD Gaming Evolved applications from my system, and also tried checking for errors via Device Manager, and my Control Panel verifies that there is an issue with my ATI Graphics Driver... however it comes up with this message when I try and view the details:

"Your computer was unable to download the solution at this time. Check to make sure your computer is connected to the Internet, and then try to download the solution again later."

I have tried this several times over the past few days with my internet stable and connected, yet Control Panel gives me the same message every time.

I've combed through the internet trying to find a solution and have come up with no fix for my own problem.

As a last resort I've decided to consult the forums for help. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks!