0 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2016 2:18 AM by legioner

Games freeze when turning TV set on

legioner

Hello!

I have a TV set connected to my PC via HDMI cable. The TV is set to duplicate the monitor image. When I turn it on while playing a game (it seems like this happens with almost any game installed, i'm 100% sure in Hearthstone and Diablo 3, rest of them should be tested) the image of the game freezes, but it seems like it continues to work: the sound goes on, and if I turn the TV off, the image unfreezes, and I can play it as usually. If I turn TV on before launching a game it works correctly. The same freeze thing happens if I try to turn my TV off with a game launched, and again the game works properly if I turn my TV back on.

My graphics card is ASUS R9 280X, tried pretty many driver versions, the problem persists on all of them.

This started to happen when I upgraded to Windows 10, but at the same time I also updated AMD videodrivers, so it's not clear what is the real reason of a problem.

What can you advise me in this situation? Maybe there is some driver option that can help me?

P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.