6 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2016 3:38 PM by L4d

amd driver crashing since new driver update

supereuphonium

Ever since I updated my graphics drivers for my AMD Radeon HD 7800 i get random graphics driver crashes and sound loops while only playing games.  The screen turns one color, with stripes that are of lighter color, and the color is random.  Sometimes its black and gray, others its brown and light brown.  If the sound loop turns to silence, I have to turn my computer off and on, otherwise it recovers on its own.  My most recent crash also gave me a blue screen signifying my computer crashed, but I was able to restart without a problem.  The problem seems to go away when I turn the computer off a couple times after the drivers crash.  GPU overheating is unlikely, as the temperature under load is around 50 C.  My driver version is 16.3.2.  I do not know my previous version.  I have, on multiple occasions, wiped all drivers from my computer and re-installed them, but it doesn't work.  Would reverting to an older version fix this? and where can I download older versions? My OS is windows 7 64-bit