1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2016 4:53 AM by amdmatt

R9 380X Black-Screens and Game Crashing

j4mmy

When playing various games my computer's video feed will randomly cut out, and the Monitor loses signal.  However the rest of the PC will stay on as I am still able to talk to friends in Teamspeak, Skype, Discord, and Ventrillo.  The only way I am able to get this issue to cease is to restart my computer.  Not every game I own has these issues, I'm beginning to think that it's the games that do not have a DirectX version (or DirectX support, I'm not technologically savvy) of/in the game.  The games I have noticed this issue with are:

The Culling

Portal Knights

Rust (it's non-DirectX 9 version, as Rust DirectX 9 can run for hours with no problems.)

Firewatch

Rake

Tom Clancy's The Division (The Division doesn't even start up properly. I am met with a blackscreen, can hear in-game sounds when I move my mouse but the game refuses to respond in any way shape or form.)

All of these games are owned through Steam, and I do not believe it to be an issue stemming from Steam itself because none of my friends have this issue when using GPUs made by NVIDIA.  Looking forward to having these issues fixed, and thank you for taking the time to read this post.