2 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2016 1:00 AM by copwriter

Can see my two DVI displays, but not my DisplayPort

copwriter

This post may show up in multiple parts, as the forum software is telling me it contains offensive language. I can't tell what language the software is objecting to, so I'll try and parse it in sections.

I have a brand new desktop computer with the following specs:

• Intel Core i7 6700K processor (4.0 GHz)
      • MSI Z170A Gaming M3 motherboard
      • 16 GB (2x8GB) Rip jaws DDR4 SDRAM 2133
      • Seagate 4 TB HDD (data)
      • Crucial MX200 500 GB SSD (OS and applications)
      • MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G video card
      • Samsung SyncMaster 930b displays (three of them--they have VGA and DVI inputs)
      • Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit OS
        • Re: Can see my two DVI displays, but not my DisplayPort
          copwriter

Here's the second part:

I've installed the 16.5.1 Radeon video drivers. The video card has two DVI and one DisplayPort output. Two of the displays are plugged into the DVI ports, and the third is plugged into the DisplayPort output with a DisplayPort to DVI cable.

The computer is "seeing" all three displays, as they show up in the Radeon Settings software, all properly identified. However, I cannot get any video signal to the display on the DisplayPort output.

When I plug in the DisplayPort display, the Radeon settings software "sees" three displays in the listing, but when I try to arrange the displays in Eyefinity, the diagram shows one standard display and a second one that is twice as wide as it should be. If I enable that setup, windows will open in the portion of the wide display that I can't see, and I usually have to use Task Manager to close them.

How do I resolve this problem so I can use all three displays and get them arranged properly?