1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2016 8:16 PM by techguy

AMD FX blacks out it's timing

cybrema

I have three AMD FX processors that blacks out afront while in useage in AsRock FX990 Extreme 3. AMD FX 8120, 8150 and 8370. 8120 and 8150 does start up, but power management does not provide electricity for command and the led of dvd-drive stays as continous blinking and it may not be opened by pressing the button. Both will heat up but signal for graphic adapter seems to be delated and responce for USB is not present enough. Keyboard responds only if several buttons are pressed simultaneously and nothing else but blinking keyboard led will occure. FX 8370 does heat up and stay at 'waiting for something specific' -mode. DVD-drive does try to read something and it can be opened by pressing it's button but signal for graphic adapter and response for USB seems to be delated totally.

Is there any possible hotfixes for this problem. I did read alot similar cases at net and did try all the ordinary BIOS reset and component exchanges.

This setup does work properly with AMD Phenom II X4 955, AMD Phenom X6 1045T and AMD FX9590 as tested and realized that everything was just fine with these.

Another pro said that this specific AMD FX 8370 was working just fine with Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3  rev.5 while he said that it did not work at Gigabyte GA-990xa-ud3 (bios updated) as intented. I would predict that 'black screen' with this one has something to do with processor drivers timings but how would I adjust them by manual? Is there any keyboard shortcuts at raw root level that would respond? Any button combinations that would do the power on establishment as intented while the power is still waiting for it's way to USB and graphic cards power distribution?

• Re: AMD FX blacks out it's timing
          techguy

With a properly designed mobo and supporting BIOS all of the CPUs that you have should function properly. You should talk to Asrock as many people run these processors on the Asrock Extreme 3 without any issue. The setting's could be blacked out in "auto" mode but should be visible and changeable in manual mode.