1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2016 7:04 AM by amdmatt

Crisom drivers  crashing on R9 380 2GB

drwam

Hi, I write this to report an issue with my GPU drivers and the soulion that I found.

Almost everyone using a R9 380 is familiar with black screen crashes that force you to manually shut down the PC. Only happens in specific games, different for each user.

I was suffering black screens while playing Dark Souls 3 (drivers crashed after a few minutes of gameplay) and Street Fighter V when I had installed the newest drivers (Crimson), the issue was fixed for Dark Souls 3 after doing a clean install of the Catalyst drivers (version 15.10 beta 64bits), I have not tested it in Street Fighter V yet (since it's not game breaking, only happens in survival mode, after beating it in normal or hard difficulty).

I just wanted to report this issue since we, users of the 380, should be using the newest drivers to enjoy our games, not legacy drivers. I hope this thread helps someone with the same issue. I recommend you to check AMD's subreddit, since there is where another redditor suggested this solution.

The specific model of GPU that I'm using and the rest of my PC is like this: Saphire R9 380 ITX Compact 2GB / i7 4790s / 12GB RAM / Windows 10 (64 bits).

I'm not a native english speaker, so sorry if my grammar is not on point (feel free to correct me).