Is the "AMD Settings" in your start or apps menu.
Why are the drivers, settings, etc... unchecked in the installer ?.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
These items are already installed and did not need installing. The Greyed checkboxes indicate that the programs installed succesfully.
I didn't want to install Gaming Evolved App because it is just bloatware and I didn't want to slow my system down.
I have repeatedly attempted to install the same executable. First time I checked everything (except for Evolved App).
Basically what happens when I install:
1. Ticked all boxes and click install
2. The progress bar will start counting up. At 2%, the error message in the first screenshot is shown..
3. The installation will complete, but errors are shown and my error logs indicate that some items were not installed.
4. The items that failed to install were the ones I indicated -- basically, Vulkan Loader and the Settings application.
5. Drivers work fine for the most part but I can't configure video settings through Crimson Software because there is no executable present
Steps to overcome this problem:
1. Complete unintallation using AMD driver Cleanup Utility, followed by a reboot
2. Disabling Antivirus and reinstalling the driver
We recommend disabling the antivirus for reasons like this.
What does the Event Viewer state at the time of the error? You may find the answer in the logs.