7 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2016 9:00 PM by xboxshqip

Why Blame AMD Everything Else

chin

AMD has created a situation with the release of Crimson drivers whereby irregardless of whether it is a hardware problem or Video Drive issues, users point fingers at AMD for creating the fault.

Think AMD has to resolve the driver issues sector by sector. Resolve issues to the biggest sector of users for GPU series. Make the majority happy first.

Resolve the minority and legacy GPU series later.

I have both the R9 2x and R9 3x series of GPU. Not facing any fatal issues like BSOD, fail to boot etc. Problem I face are bearable.

Awaiting the upcoming Polaris. . . . .

• Re: Why Blame AMD Everything Else
          black_zion

Because 9 times out of 10 it is the user which has caused the problem, and they can't admit to themselves they were the cause.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            xboxshqip

We are here to report issues not to be fanboys.

I've already shown my appreciation to AMD by buying their product, as all of us here.

brucer

I dont for a second think its the end users fault... I've been in computer gaming and building my own computers for over 20yrs...  My first gigabyte fury got the common black screen at windows login and I rma'd it..  My 2nd Sapphire Nitro fury still has issues with flash player or youtube and I dont think it performs as advertised, actually no where close....  My 4 yr old MSI r9-290 has never had one issue its entire life, until I loaded the latest drivers on it, then I got the driver has failed in the middle of playing Archeage. The default memory clocks are wrong and every so often it resets the settings on its own, this gpu has been rock solid its entire life, until these crimson drivers..  I seriously think AMD is trying to kill peoples gpu's with faulty drivers..

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  chin

I stop buying Sapphire GPU anymore. Sapphire has crappy components in the gpu. Failure rates are very high. Got my R9 290X TriX RMA within a year. My R9 270X got RMA 3 times. The first was a day after I bought it. The next 2 RMA was done in the next 2 years. None of these gpu fail on Crimson but on the older Caterlyst Drivers.

Now I pay more for a more reputable manufacturer of AMD card like Asus or MSI.

I gave been on Crimson since it launch on day one. I have yet to experience any hardware failure. Your MSI E9 290X last for 4 years. What a lucky chap you are. Guess you have already squeeze every single drop of juice out of that gpu. I have never hold a hardware for that long and I moved on.