3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 1:55 PM by xeleron

FM2A68M-HD+ change from vga display to HDMI display

zx9000

Hi all,

I have 2 questions, i have a vga plug monitor, recently i got a female vga to male hdmi converter, i want to set up the monitor to use the hdmi socket on the above mobo, currently i am using the vga socket, it is working ok. please provide steps to achieve that.

Second question is i want to set up 2 monitors with vga plug to this mobo, is it a must that i need to buy another pci graphic card so i can achieve that goal? (can 1 monitor connects the vga socket and the other connects to the hdmi thru a converter)if yes, is this Gigabyte GT210 1GB GDDR3 a good choice if i am only an average user?

thanks

• Re: FM2A68M-HD+ change from vga display to HDMI display
          xeleron

If you plan to use multimonitors there is no need for an additional GPU.If you use only two monitors,any combination of connectors can be used,above that you must use the DP connector.As for the VGA-HDMI converter,that compatibility depends solely on the converter itself,since HDMI and VGA are not designet to be intercompatible.What monitors are you using since you are attempting such odd conections?

zx9000

Thanks xeleron for the reply, when i try to search the pic of my adaptor to show it here, i found out the converter actually is a DVI to vga converter like this one, I apologize for the wrong info.

1145-A.jpg

Since the mobo has a dvi socket and a vga socket (currently using the vga socket), i want to use the dvi socket and connect it to my LCD monitor (Analog i guess cost it's a cheaper model) through the converter above, i tried setting the bios to use dual link as DVI and hdmi (north bridge configuration>DVI function) before this post, but with no success, i need steps to achieve this. Currently the monitor shows no cable connected after i connect monitor to DVI socket thru the converter.

The second thing i want to know is, since there is a dvi socket and a vga socket on the mobo, if the above trial (connext vga monitor to dvi socket thru converter) is working, i would like to know if it is possible, to connect two vga lcd monitors to these sockets and have them showing desktop at the same time, without installing another video card on the pci express socket on board.

Thanks.

xeleron

You cannot use a DVI to VGA adapter on that motherboard connector (even if it fits) because you have a dual link DVI connector which is exclusively digital,while Vga is analog and requires active conversion.If you want to go analog on both you need an active converter (quite expensive).I would suggest a simple HDMI/DVI cable (the cheapest hdmi I found here in Romania is 5 usd at 3m length).