3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2016 2:04 PM by vagelis

R9 380 high idle temp

vagelis

After i installed 16.4.2 version of drivers my gpu randomlly goes up 68 degrees at idle. Also sometimes goes up to 68 degrees without playing any game only watching videos on youtube!!! Before i install latest version of drivers my gpu was at 45 degrees at idle mode even when i was watching videos on youtube!!

• Re: R9 380 high idle temp
          zaparoli

Enter the Overdrive and click Reset , it may be that your card is set to stay at full load ... this happens to me when active MSI Gaming APP

vagelis

I entered the overdrive section and clicked reset but the problem is still here!! As i understund is like somthing causes gpu to load even when i don't make anything on my pc!! My gpu loads byitself even when my pc is at totally idle mode!!

vagelis

Finally i solved my problem. It was a virus that was causing my gpu to load when it was in idle mode. Unfortunatelly i had to make format my pc cause he started to install many unwanted programs that i couldn't uninstall them. But the good in this story is that i had windows installed in SSD so i just lost all settings and programs that i had in SSD and most of them was part of windows. So it's all fine now if you exept that i have to download all windows update from the beggining.