0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2016 10:59 PM by harlowkitty

Used AMD Autodetect utility now getting error msg on driver software

harlowkitty

Hello,

I have an AMD Radeon HD 8600M series graphics card, but I also have an integrated intel HD Graphics chip.  I have turned off the intel to

try and see if my Adobe Premiere will open. (another story there...keeps crashing at startup - I read that if you disable the onboard chip and use the graphics card that it could be a solution).

I used the AMD autodetect utility and it sent me to a download page for driver crimson 16.150.2211.0.  The prior driver was 15.200.1040.0.  With the old driver installed, if I right clicked on the desktop I never saw a link for a control panel for AMD.  Now since I've updated, I see 'AMD Radeon Settings' when I right click on the desktop, but when I choose it  I get this message:  "No AMD driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.  Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware".  I made sure I also downloaded the chipset driver as well since the updated driver package that the auto detect sent me to did not include those.  I also double checked to make sure I chose the Windows 10 64 bit on the initial driver update download.

System is Windows 10 on and Intel all in one computer.  Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Installed RAM 12.0 GB

64 bit Operating system, x64 based processor

Integrated graphics chip Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.

Could the Amd graphics card be faulty??  When I disable the Intel card I still see my desktop etc...so there is something working.  I just can't get the control panel for crimson to work.

Thank you in advance for any advice,

Christy J.