• Motherboard
        • MSI H61M-P31[63]
      • CPU/APU
        • i3-2120
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Corsair CX500
      • RAM
        • 18GB

After updating my sons computer to Crimson 16.x drivers, he has started to experience black screen issues. These black screens only occur while playing certain games (as of now only World of Warcraft). He can start the game up just fine and play for a couple minutes before the game eventually freezes after some time and both his monitors go black. While the monitors are black, he still has sound and can hear what's going on which makes me believe it's not his PC freezing up entirely. The only way to fix this black screen issue is to forcefully restart the computer.

For reference his in-game settings are as follow:

- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (latest patch)

- High Settings

- Using DirectX 11

- Windowed Borderless

The only way to solve this issue that I have so far found was to downgrade to Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta drivers. This however stops him from playing other games such as Rainbow 6 Siege as they have artifacting and texture issues without the Crimson drivers. Another issue associated with downgrading to the 15.11 Beta drivers is that after a while the drivers get updated back to Crimson 16.x drivers automatically. Windows 10 has it's automatic update drivers turned off as well. I went ahead and used Device Manager to restore the 15.11 drivers but it seems to keep the Crimson settings application (the one you right click on desktop to open). So far World of Warcraft does not seem to black screen for him anymore with the 15.11 drivers and having the Crimson settings application but it has only been an hour or so.

Is this a known issue that is being worked on or solved? Does it have to do with the graphics card? What else is there that I may do to help?