1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2016 8:10 AM by Hardwood

AMD Radeon 5450... 2nd screen has flickering lines!!!

bigdanhack

Hello all, I hope you can help!?

This is my machine...

AMD FX-8350 (8 core, 4gb)

Asus motherboard

32gb RAM

AMD Radeon HD 5450 (2gb)

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

It is solely for use in my home music studio, and I recently got a second monitor which since plugged it in, it has a black line which flickers right across the screen, sometimes in the middle, sometimes at the bottom. It seems to occur more when the machine is doing something, like if I'm moving a window around, or if I'm typing.... but even if I'm not doing anything it happens.

It happens only on "screen 2" and it doesn't matter which physical monitor I have selected as screen 2, it only happens on screen 2.

They are connected as follows.... Screen 1 is HDMI port (graphics card) to DVI (monitor)... Screen 2 is VGA to VGA.

I'm not too clued up on graphics, and I have had a look to see if I can find a simple answer but I can't... so here's hoping one of you guys can help me out as it's really annoying!

Thanks in advance... Dan!

• Re: AMD Radeon 5450... 2nd screen has flickering lines!!!
          Hardwood

bigdanhack wrote:

It happens only on "screen 2" and it doesn't matter which physical monitor I have selected as screen 2, it only happens on screen 2.

Dan,

Normally one would thing horizontal or vertical refresh rates but you're kinda special with it on which ever monitor is #2.

some ideas..

go straight DVI to DVI and get rid of the conversion from HDMI.

and does that second monitor have anything other than analog to connect to? If you can temporarily borrow another monitor or use your TV, see if it still happens connected to them preferably using digital signals.

The 5450 is getting long on the tooth too. Maybe it's faltering. A nice shiny R7 xxx might be a worthy replacement.