2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2016 2:14 PM by ltcmdrkeene

Two different AMD cards simultaneously

ltcmdrkeene

I have what may be a dumb question.  I have this PC:

Dell Precision T7600 with Windows 7 64-bit

Graphics Card: AMD FirePro 2270 (single plug from card splits out to two separate monitors (DVI connection)

There is no graphics on the motherboard (or at least I don't see any VGA/DVI/etc ports)

I just added another graphics card.  AMD Radeon HD 7470 Driver (based on Googling for the hardware ID).

When I rebooted, and logged in, Windows told me to reboot for changes to take effect before even finishing to load to my desktop. I assume it found the new card.  So I rebooted, and loaded upt o my desktop fine.  But the new card shows as a generic "Standard VGA Graphics adapter in Device Manager" that could not start (error 10).  Trying to update the driver doesn't find any better driver.

I also tried running a auto-detect tool from AMD, but when I launch it, it tells me "we are unable to find a driver for your system", and the graphics hardware it's showing is the working (FirePro) card.

Root Question: Is it even possible run both these cards at once?  My real goal is just a 3rd display.