20 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 9:42 AM by slickwicked

R9 Fury weird screen tearing ?

kr4k3n

I have been noticing some weird tearing since yesterday with my R9 Fury, I wasn't entirely sure if it was the gpu itself having those lines in it's image processing or is it somehow only showing up on the display so I recorded a small part of the game play where like 1 tear happened, I saw it on the screen but when I watched the recording back it wasn't there so I was kinda sure it's not the gpus actual processing that's messing up here, any idea what could be causing it ? It mostly happens in game menus, usually it doesn't happen inside the game itself, the recording was the ending of a black ops 3 multiplayer screen where it showed the scoreboard.

• Re: R9 Fury weird screen tearing ?
          kr4k3n

Scratch the part where i said it doesn't happen in-game, I just fired up CSS and it's happening mid game :/ it's not 100% of the time on screen but it's annoying, like those little lines showing up between 30 to 5 - 6 mins apart, it's random really..

kr4k3n

THIS IS STARTING TO REALLY ANNOY ME PLEASE HELP ...

amdmatt

Please provide more information so we can try to help.

kr4k3n

amdmatt

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                  • ASUS R9 Fury Strix
                • Desktop or Laptop System
                  • Custom Built Desktop
                • Operating System
                  • Windows 10 PRO 64bit
                • Driver version installed
                  • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2
                • Display Devices
                  • BenQ GL2460 1920x1080 @60Hz using a DVI-D Port/DVI-I ? I don't know why it says DVI-I on the back of the GPU.
                • Motherboard
                  • ASUS H97-PLUS
                • CPU/APU
                  • Intel Core i7 - 4770K - 3.5 up to 3.7Ghz (Overclocked to 4.0Ghz) (Temps aren't an issue).
                • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                  • Seasonic S12II 620w
                • RAM
                  • 8 GB

Describe your issue:

• The problem is a bunch of horizontal white lines that keep showing up on the screen, they mainly happen with lighter games like CS:GO and CS:S as well as Rocket League, games like Far Cry 4, The Witcher 3, Battlefield 4 and Shadow Of Morder run fine without any of those lines showing up, I don't know why this happens, the GPU is not overclocked, I only set the power limit to +50% and the target fan and temperature to max.
                • Mostly affects light games like CS:GO, CS:S and Rocket League, haven't tried other light games but i'll update once I do.
                • Mostly highest settings but I tried everything with CS:GO from high to low and even changing the resolution via VSR to 4K and 1440P, I also tried lowering the resolution but nothing seems to get rid of them.
                • I will try to get a video of it, however recording it via software won't work which i'm guessing means that the gpu itself shouldn't be faulty ? correct me if i'm wrong please. - I'll update it once i get a video or something if possible.
                  kr4k3n

amdmatt

The first horizontal line starts showing up from around exactly 0:45 - 0:48 I uploaded the whole match so you can see when those lines show up and what is the exact frequency of them occurring I recommend you start from @0:40

AMD pls fix ? - YouTube

john007

Hello,

I remember in the past with the 7950 this same issue occurred at random times temporarily disabling vsync.

If I'm not mistaken this occurred most with nvidia optimized applications. Using D3DOverrider and setting vsync and triple buffer active this fixed the issues.

Hope this helps.

crayraven

I don't think this is the same issue. I run freesync and I still get the problem.

kr4k3n

I never actually used vsync so I don't think this is related, It seemed to be a driver issue and the fix i mentioned up is working so far, plus this didn't happen with all games, only with games like CS:GO, CS:S and Rocket League, which made me think of locking the fps to 200 which fixed it a bit but it was still there, it wasn't until I tried the fix i mentioned up there that it fixed the issue, now I don't know if this is a permanent fix but it's working for now.

kr4k3n

amdmatt

UPDATE: The method that I mentioned above does not 100% fix the issue but it reduces it's frequency a lot, I also noticed that It increases when enabling VSR and I'm not sure how that's related, I hope you guys are close to fixing the issue.

almod

Hello.

Received my R9 Fury Nitro yesterday, I encounter same white stripes in CS GO.

Using XL2730Z @ 144hz with display port cable which came with monitor.

Tried different cable -> same issue.

Looks like R9 Fury doesn't have hdmi 2.0, so no freesync @ 144hz 1440p over hdmi 1.4...

Any solutions from AMD ?

Tried clockblocker -> same issue.

primalrib

I have this exact same issue as well.  It mainly happens in Red Orchestra 2 and is annoying as all hell.  Easily reproduced by simply uncapping framerates. The only way to remove it is by capping framerates with crimson within freesync range but freesync gives horrible input lag.

Here's my original post on the AMD reddit help. https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/586f2r/sapphire_r9_fury_trix_display_corruption_in_d3d9/

Sapphire R9 Fury tri-x display corruption in D3D9 game Red Orchestra 2. - YouTube   Video of the problem it happens @ 16 second mark to demonstrate what I see.  Sometimes it happens constantly even in game.

slickwicked

i Just bought a r9 fury x and have this same exact issue

.its kinda weird my last amd card was a xt1900 a long time ago, had almost the same issue, display corruption and the screen would black out for a couple seconds for no reason., couldnt handle two screens at diffrent rez either

switched to nvidia never had any issues at all, zero, for years and years, i like amd and thought id get a fury x.

pls tell me theres a fix or this card is going back thanks