17 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 1:47 AM by amdmatt

driver fix for WoW coming?

vern0876

Will there be a fix for the display crashes in certain games coming soon?  My crashes happen in World of Warcraft and have happened generally within 30 minutes of playing, causing a hard reset of the computer.  This happens with other games for other users with the Crimson series (16.x) of drivers, so the question is not just for WoW players.

• Re: driver fix for WoW coming?
          amdmatt

We'd like to help, but unfortunately you have not provided enough information.

vern0876

Attached is my MSInfo and DXDiag files.  Does that help?

The affected program is World of Warcraft v. 6.2.4.21463

Gfx settings are in the High setting for all graphics.  I can't find the file that has the app gfx settings.  What I do know is that the black screen occurs within 45 mins. of playing.  I could say where I am in game, but that is for the app mfg. 

kingfish

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

1. Drivers are not valid/supported for WinXP

2. Laptops must use Mobility drivers

3. AMD X800 graphics are legacy

vern0876

This is a desktop, not a laptop.  Please read the attachments carefully.

kingfish

I'm not clicking on and reading your downloads. A person who will not furnish what is asked for by the forum doesn't deserve any response. All this typing and you can't say ..I have a desktop with ________ graphics and my OS is __________. I have _______graphics drivers.

kingfish

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                                • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
                              • Desktop or Laptop System
                                • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
                              • Operating System
                                • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
                              • Driver version installed
                                • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
                              • Display Devices
                                • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
                                • One line for each display device connected
                              • Motherboard
                                • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe
                              • CPU/APU
                                • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
                              • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                                • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
                              • RAM
                                • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
                              • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
                              • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
                                  vern0876

As I do have physical limitations, it is time consuming for me to actually write all of that out.  I submitted the specs via the attachments for simplicity and convenience.  Hopefully, that is enough for the task of completing this inquiry.

waltc

Guy, it's "time consuming" for people to write out answers to try and help you out.  Might want to think about that and make an attitude adjustment when asking people to donate their time to your specific problems.  Just a suggestion.    BTW, I'm using the Crimson drivers and my games seem to stay up, oddly enough--I may crash once every several days or maybe every couple of weeks when encountering buggy game software (somewhat more common than any of us would like)--but nothing like every "30 minutes."  Blanket statements about Crimson drivers "crashing every 30 minutes" don't sound like genuine inquiries, but if that is indeed happening to you then most likely you have something much more deficient in your system than a buggy GPU driver.  If you are crashing every 30 minutes in every game then you've got some real hardware problems--like a failing PSU or overheating cpu problems, etc.  That's why he asked about your hardware in detail. 

Also, you might try and keep your problem reports constrained to your own personal experience, since that is actually all you have and you can't really speak for "others"...;)  (If they have difficulties then they are the ones who need to speak up about it--not you, speaking for them--'cause you can't really do that...;))  If someone in a forum like this asks you for more detail that means he's willing to help you if you can provide the info he asks for--if you think folks owe you something then you probably won't get much if any help at all.  (But life is pretty much like that no matter what we do or where we are, isn't it?)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              amdmatt

You are using an R9 380 GPU. We are investigating display driver crashing issues with this GPU. As a temporary workaround please uninstall your current Crimson driver using this guide and download and install Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta.