- Connection type HDMI, DVI, DP?
- Any adapters used, if yes what?
- Resolution set to?
- Are the Radeon drivers completely uninstalled?
- Latest chipset drivers for DELL Optiplex 980 installed?
1. OS is Windows 10
2. DP cable (mini to full size)
3. no adapters
4. Currently set to 2560 x 1440 (recommended resolution for monitor 3840 x 2160)
5. Unsure if Radeon drivers were uninstalled
6. DELL drivers check when win 10 update was performed, will check again for any newer drivers
It might be noteworthy that I was running AutoCAD when the monitor first started turning black and then back again. Once it started it would continue regardless of open programs. I switched to a different port on card and that stopped the nonsense for 20 mins or so and then started up again.
Thanks for you assistance with this.
1. Did you check with Dell before upgrading to Win10?
Manuals & documentation for your OptiPlex 980
"Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected."
2. Did you upgrade your power supply?
3. Are you using FirePro drivers or Crimson drivers?
The table below lists Dell OptiPlex computers that have been tested for upgrade to Windows 10 and tested for Windows 10 November update. If your computer model is not listed, Dell is not testing the device, drivers have not been updated for that model, and Dell does not recommended an upgrade to Windows 10. If you wish to proceed with an upgrade to Windows 10 on an untested system, Microsoft provides information and support for upgrade through their upgrade website.
Model OptiPlex 3010 OptiPlex 3011 AIO OptiPlex 3020 OptiPlex 3020M OptiPlex 3030 All In One OptiPlex 7010 OptiPlex 7020 OptiPlex 9010 OptiPlex 9010 All In One OptiPlex 9020 OptiPlex 9020 All In One OptiPlex 9020M OptiPlex 9030 All In One OptiPlex XE2
1 of 1 people found this helpful
It appears that my issue is due to the complete lack of proper ventilation in the Dell case. When the switching to black got really frequent, I opened up the side of the case and put desk fan facing into it. The screen has not gone to black once since.
I thank you all for your assistance. I have decided that DELL can keep their proprietary Motherboards, cases and power supplies that won't allowing even the most basic of aftermarket upgrading. I will build my next work box.