- ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
- Windows 7 x64 bits
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2
- LCD Lenovo Display D1960wA, with DVI adapter
- Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. Model M5A78L-M/USB3 (AM3R2)
- CPU AMD FX-8350
- Don't know my power supply model, but it is 700W real
- 8GB RAM
Thanks for the information. You are using a older version of Crimson, so please try updating to the latest following the steps outlined below.
Please try the following to troubleshoot your issue.
1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here. What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.
3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!
4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.
5. Install the latest Crimson 16.5.1 drivers once the above is completed.
It worked, the DDU helped a lot and I installed the C++ 2015 too.
Thanks for the help
Glad i could help.
Please mark my post as correct/helpful in order to assist others.
The issue started again this week, even playing GTA V below the MB the GPU can take.
The game stopped working and the driver message comes up again.
I used the DDU software once more and download the 16.5.2 version of Radeon, the issues still persists.
Is that just happening with GTA V or other games as well?