4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 6:31 AM by dpoty

My fps suddenly dropped on radeon crimson 16.3.2

dpoty

I was playing nba 2k14 with 55 fps and league of legends with 70-80 fps yesterday.
      I turned off PC,went to bed.when i woke up now i have 35fps in nba 2k14 and 40-50 fps in league of legends.
      I have a6 apu with r4 graphics and r5 m330 for gaming.
      Software - radeon crimson software 16.3.2
      Shall i update it to 16.4.1 Beta or what can i do ?

• Re: My fps suddenly dropped on radeon crimson 16.3.2
          amdmatt

I would try updating and ensuring both applications are set to use the discrete GPU when gaming by setting the applications to High Performance mode in CCC Slim.

To configure an application to use the discrete GPU you need to open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings.

In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            kingfish

Also, besides the above, I would prevent Windows from automatically installing updates.

dpoty

High performance is already set,windows updates off.its like sometimes im playing normal fps(still not as high as my PC can do) but then if ill try another day,it has 30-35fps instead of 60-70.I downloaded this Desktop driver from amd.com and latest amd apu drivers > windows 8.1 64bit. crimson 16.3.2 .i have a6-6310 with r4 graphics and r5 m330.What shall be wrong :/ Shall i try other driver or what ( im playing good,then next day bang.

dpoty

Amd sucks,everytime i had amd graphics card,it had always problems.im done with this,im buying i5-3330 3.20 ghz and nvidia gtx 750 ti Desktop PC.