4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2016 1:20 PM by xeleron

Radeon HD 5700, using Windows 10.

vicas1

Radeon HD 5700, using Windows 10. Worked well til about 3 weeks ago. Is this due to a conflict w/a recent W-10 download?

• Re:  Radeon HD 5700, using Windows 10.
          xeleron

No,the GPU is supported under w10.What problems do you have?

vicas1

Thanks for the response. Incidentally, computer is a Dell XPS 7100 i7, about

5/6 years old, and it functions perfectly.

Problem started about 3 weeks ago, prior to that no issues w/video card -

ever. After the problem started I updated the drivers and the problem became

even worse. Basically, when I shut down the computer and restart the

computer would go thru the beginning reboot process but the result would be

a black screen  showing “check signal cable”. I swapped monitors,

incidentally, with same result. Also swapped out HDMI cables and ports as

well.

It would take several, or even many, restarts thru safe mode or other F8

options for the screen to become visible again. Then it would work normally

for up to 12/15 reboots before falling into the same problematical problem.

Yesterday was the worst. I called Dell Concierge and we wound up rolling

back the drivers. Seems to work perfectly now however have been down that

path before. As a precaution I’ve ordered another Radeon video card from

jet.com as a precaution.

Thoughts?

vicas1

Forgot to mention. I use gotomypc, viewed my computer from another computer,

and the machine had booted up normally.

Just restarted again, no prob.

xeleron

If the system is out of warranty,remove the AMD card from the system as your i7 should have an integrated GPU to work with.Test the system with that,just to make sure the problem is not somewhere else.