3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2016 1:40 PM by kingfish

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

taro

So ive built this computer for about 2 weeks now, and recently ive been getting this annoying blue screen saying: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER and the computer restart, ive read that it may be the driver is outdated, or BIOS needs an update but everything is fine, i don't know what to do and its getting really annoying.

My computer:

Processor:AMD A10-7860K Radeon R7, 12 comp Cores 4C+8G 3,60GHz

RAM: 6 Gb

• Re: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
          shankly1985

I had this problem and my fix might not be what you want to hear. I upgraded to a new CPU and Motherboard and the issue went away.

ebonclaw

This one is fun.  I had this for a while. 

First, use Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to remove your old drivers.  Then delete the c:\AMD folder.

Install new drivers.  If the latest release is giving you trouble, I've found 16.1.1 or 16.3.1 to be the most stable, but right now I'm fighting a different battle with 16.3.

If this does not resolve the issue, reinstall/install visual studio redistributables, including the latest versions.  These can be downloaded from Microsoft's website, but usuall doing a clean install of the drivers and/or changing the driver version solves this for most people.

If these steps don't work, reply here and I can throw a few other things you can try.

kingfish

Try a clean install of these drivers > Desktop