9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 5:12 PM by gladtobegrey

Driver new beta update notification

zeeh1975

Some days ago I have started to get a notification about a new driver, but when I get into Radeon Settings, I realise that the "update" is a beta driver, I want to disable notifications about beta drivers, but I don't see an option to disable notifications about beta, I want to see notifications of final versions only.

There is any way to configure this?

• Re: Driver new beta update notification
          kingfish

There where two chances/options to disable search for updates when you were installing the drivers. Too late now. There is no way to prevent notifications of beta vs whql drivers. You can reinstall the drivers again, and this time uncheck ...search for updates. Raptr also will notify you of new drivers...that can be disabled within the "gaming evolved app'.

anon.e.moose

If that's really the case and you can only tick this setting when installing the drivers... Then I have to say, that is the f***ing stupidest thing I've heard all day. As a software developer myself, why the hell would AMD restrict a common setting like that to an installer? There's no sense in it, and it bugs me every time even a beta is available. I uncheck most options when running installers, and I didn't notice any such option when I was first installing it. Honestly I went with AMD cards for this workstation just to give them a shot since I've been with Nvidia previously, and with all the shoddy quality issues I've seen as a result (including software like this) I am hereafter going back to purchasing Nvidia. I don't have enough free time to work around half-a**ed products.

gladtobegrey

I agree - that's a really poor design.  I've been nagged for a while about the Crimson 16.7.2 (Beta) update for an AMD Radeon 7800 HD, and had been looking for an option, which I couldn't find, to hide betas.  I was starting to think I was stupidly missing it somewhere, but now I know it's not me ....

Your (kingfish's) reply implies that the installation-time option will disable search for ALL updates.  That's not what's wanted either.  It should be possible to disable notifications for beta versions specifically; i.e. I only want to be notified for 'full' (WHQL?) versions.

Stunned.

genaldar

I have to say I agree with anon, not being able to choose what type of drivers is the final straw for me. After buying nothing but Radeons for the last 10 years (not just for me but for friend's computers when they wanted to upgrade) I'll be going Nvidia from now on. I do not want to be a beta tester for their drivers, I want the ones that work and nothing else.

kingfish

There are ways to stop the update notifications which was a bug in the earlier versions. Please see the answer to this similar post.

Legacy branch being nagged about GCN driver updates