11 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2016 12:19 PM by takun

fx-8320 load 100%

takun

Good day, I have a problem with the CPU fx-8320, I used to play on very high settings in any game, but going to windows 10 and happened mystery,

playing Far Cry on minimum settings, my CPU is loaded on 90-100%, it used to be 40-50 max, same with battlefield 3-4.Advise me any solution,

here is the computer configuration:

Производитель видеокарты - Powered by AMD

Набор микросхем графики - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Идентификатор устройства - 67B1

Идентификатор поставщика - 1002

Идентификатор подсистемы - 2020

Идентификатор производителя подсистемы - 1787

Идентификатор редакции - 00

Тип шины - PCI Express 3.0

Текущие параметры шины - PCI Express 2.0 x16

Версия BIOS - 015.042.000.003

Номер компонента BIOS - 113-T32G11-001

Дата выпуска BIOS - 2014/03/05 21:05

Объем памяти - 4096 MB

Тип памяти - GDDR5

Частота памяти - 1250 MHz

Частота ядра - 947 MHz

Общая пропускная способность памяти - 320 GByte/s

• Re: fx-8320 load 100%
          willyfisch

Does it show all cores on full load in Task Manager?

If not, then some cores seem to be disabled.

How is the distribution to the tasks? 90% for the game or is there something else running in the background, which is taking up a lot of resources?

takun

Thanks for the reply, all cores jump 80-100(settings associated with the CPU are not changed), the temperature of 40-60,the game goes ~90% and 10% for background programs, turn them off I tried all the same.

And now a rather interesting fact, I go in, play for about 3-5 minutes, then process into the ceiling, then runs for 10-15 minutes and let him go again for 3-5 minutes.

willyfisch

Can you monitor the clock rate? Should be 3.7 GHz on full load with your CPU.

techguy

You should use an applet like OCCT or similar to check and post the CPU core voltage, internal temp, CPU load, etc. under full load. OCCT and other applets will record the various parameters under full load. If the CPU or VRM temp is too high the frequency will drop to 1.4 GHz. and the core voltage to ~.875v.

If it only occurs in Win10 then something has changed. Make sure that your CPU and other fans are set to Maximum or 100% or the fans won't be able to properly cool the CPU / VRM circuit.

takun

Thanks for the advice, will try today, I see how the CPU frequency jumps depending on the load, it is possible to set a constant frequency?

This catalyst was used to control the CPU and fan, this is no longer in it as I understand?

techguy

You can set a fixed CPU frequency if your mobo allows "manual" setting of the CPU frequency. The CPU variable frequency is designed to minimize power consumption based on load. Many people still run their processor at a fixed speed however, often overclocked.

I believe WIN10 has settings for fan speeds that may need to be increased to maximum for proper cooling and to maintain the highest frequency when the CPU is operated in "auto" mode in the BIOS..

takun

The problem began after I upgrade to windows 10, and now even world of tanks loads all 8 threads at 100%.I never touched the BIOS and everything was fine, when I'd been poking around, too much began to warm the processor.Regarding auto mode, now gives the processor 3.6 GHz constantly.Have suggestions?There is software for checking CPU?

qbtheslayer

The upgrade to Windows 10 is full of bugs.  When I did mine, my computer became almost unusable!  So many things wrong.  I just quickly did a clean install after that and Windows 10 was A-Okay. Just tonight, my brother told me that their system had the upgrade (nobody over there will fess up to hitting the accept, but done is done) and now he says the system is sluggish and the fans are running full speed (I'm guessing, since I am not there right now, that something is pushing things over the edge)...

Anyway, long story short....  do a clean install of Windows 10 or roll back to your old version of Windows....  I am betting all your problems will go away.

QB

takun

I re-installed win 10, did not help to fix the problem.You are asked to go back to win 7?

qbtheslayer

Only if you want to, but it seems your problem does indeed lay elsewhere.  I'm out of ideas 

(BTW, you did a clean install correct?  Wipe the drive and installed from disc/USB?)

QB

takun

Yes, I completely removed it, that was my first guess, installed it again, but not helped, by the way just remembered something else... It didn't happen after the installation of windows 10, and later, came the driver for "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series specifically for "windows 10", after that started, I thought maybe some conflict began...

I now thought to go back to windows 7, but still makes no sense?

Anyway, thank you very much for your answers!