1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 5:17 AM by amdmatt

Blue screen Atikmdag.sys Ati radeon r7m260 toshiba laptop

nuevo7777

Hey guys!

I am having a problem with my Toshiba laptop, It has an AMD ati radeon R7 m260 dedicated graphic card and Intel Hd 4400 mobile. The problem is that everytime I try to install the Amd catalyst drivers I get a bsod while installing. It says " atikmdag.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" So right now I only have intel graphic drivers installed. I really appreciate your help, thanks!

• Re: Blue screen Atikmdag.sys Ati radeon r7m260 toshiba laptop
          amdmatt

Please try these steps, i believe it may resolve your issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use the Windows Install/Uninstall repair tool. This can repair problems with the Windows Installer service and could be a reason for this error.

5. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

6. Install Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta drivers once the above is completed and check if the issue is resolved.