GPU: Gigabyte R9 380X G1 Gaming

CPU: i7 2600

Motherboard: Asrock Z-77 Extreme 4

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Blue DDR3 2133 8GB 2x4GB CL9

PSU: be quiet! PURE POWER 730W

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 64 bits

GPU Drivers: AMD Crimson 16.3.2

Background Applications: Steam, MSI Afterburner

Description of Problem: When i play Dark Souls II SOTFS, randomly the game freezes and screen goes black and monitor says "No Signal". The only solution for this is to force the pc to reboot.

Troubleshooting: I already perfom a fresh install of drivers using DDU.

I want to know if the problem is from drivers or  from the card. I buyed it today and i want to know if i may return it or keep it and wait for new drivers. Thanks.

• Re: R9 380X Black screen in-game
          amdmatt

We are currently investigating reports of black screen and no signal issues with R9 380 GPUs. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. As a temporary solution, you may try using Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            moisuke

I have the same problem

My specs

CPU: AMD FX 8320

GPU: R9 380 Gigabyte G1

RAM: 12GB Kingston 1600

S.O: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

ex_soldier523

I was getting a lot of problems on Dark Souls 3 with Crimson Drivers, so I went back do Catalyst 15.11.1 and eveything is perfect now. But one interesting thing is, With Win 10 64 bit I was having black screen issues with Shadow of Mordor, Ark Survival, Ryse son of Rome, no matter what driver I was using, the only fix was going back to Windows 8.1 64 bit and Catalyst 15.11.1, I tried Catalyst 15.7.1 but Assassins Creed Syndicate won't start with that driver.

The most stable combination I found until now is Win 8.1 64 bit + Catalyst 15.11.1.

My Specs are:

CPU: FX 8370e @stock

GPU: Sapphire R9 380 4 GB

MEM: 2x Kingston Hyperx 1866 mhz

MB: GA 990 FXA UD3

Driver: Catalyst 15.11.1

dalles

This is sad that I have to gimp my experience with a card that I thought would be so good for me.I only play World of Warcraft,noting fancy gaming,but if I install a new driver I get black screens in game,or watching a video,or just browsing the web. So I use an old driver that gives less fps and and looks fairly weak. I am glad I can at least use my computer now,but am surprised that AMD is happy to leave things this way and not even acknowledge these problems .

I will not buy another AMD card,I just can't risk the poor performance of the drivers,and the lack of a resolution to the problem.

credoknight

First of all sorry for my english.

I buyed the card in april and i was waiting for a fix that never come. A week before i sended my card to RMA and the company returned my money. With that i buyed a 1060 G1 Gaming from Gigabyte and all problems gone. Do not misunderstand me i'm not a Nvidia fanboy i like AMD all my cards except the last one are from AMD but one year to fix a simple crash it's too much time. Maybe this card is defective and AMD can't fix this or they are focusing on 400 series, i don't know. My advice guys is that you may return the card and the company maybe return your money or maybe change it for another AMD or Nvidia card. The 300 series are broken.

This is my last post i wish you find a solution for this. Thanks for all your comments and your testings with new drivers i really appreciate this. Good luck.