1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 4:06 AM by amdmatt

Green screen on boot, gets fixed after I delete drivers, keeps reoccuring after reinstalling them(even earlier versions) Radeon HD 7850

adam1234

Hi

So basicly my PC crashed when playing CS:GO. After manually rebooting I keep getting a green screen instead of the login screen. I searched for hours on the internet so I tried deleting my drivers through safe mode. After deleting them I can boot normally. But when I reinstall the drivers for my graphics card and reboot, the green screen immediately shows up again. Ive tried this with different versions(16.4, 16.3 and 16.2 version which are the latest versions) of the graphicscard driver so I'm not sure anymore if its the driver version.

My graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 7850 and I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks in advance

• Re: Green screen on boot, gets fixed after I delete drivers, keeps reoccuring after reinstalling them(even earlier versions) Radeon HD 7850
          amdmatt

Please try the steps outlined below to see if it resolves your issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable. Don't panic if they are not able to be repaired, continue with the steps below. If the steps below don't resolve the issue, then it's time for a fresh Windows installation.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta drivers once the above is completed.