7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 9:30 AM by amdmatt

cant find proper drivers for my graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

den444

cant find proper drivers for my graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated) ... and the one that I installed following web instruction don't wont to be confirmed by windows( Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43))

• Re: cant find proper drivers for my graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
            den444

Thanks on reply,

I want to play gtaV and I think I have problem with graphic card, I'm following all instructions that could be found on Internet and my Windows cant recognize. There is  2 type of drivers the one from intel (integrated) and Radeon. So i cant find in catalyist control center where to change which card I wont to use, so I delete intel(the wicker one) but than windows don't wont to accept only radeon graphic, like they need to be together... MY WISH IS TO USE MAX. memory from graphic card that is in Laptop.

THANK YOUU

Untitled3.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled1.png

• Re: cant find proper drivers for my graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
                amdmatt

You might need to update your Intel driver, it's from 2012. Please speak to Intel for support with that.

The latest AMD driver for your system is Crimson 16.2.1 Beta. The latest WHQL driver for your system is Crimson 15.12 WHQL. Please ignore any notifications about updating your driver. Your GPU has reached legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates.

To configure an application to use the AMD discrete GPU you need to open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings. This will open CCC slim.

In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.

den444

Hey

I done everything you said and put on high performance, But can you confirm that my computer accepted my graphic card? Because, if it's working correctly than it should run independently of intel graphi?? in dxdiag(runmode) it should be stated that I have radeon graphic of cca2gb (not only intel of 765mb as on picture)?? When I enter screen resolution via desktop and all I can see is Intel adapter card and I can not change it to radeon card (if I want to use only that one)?? If I try to uninstall radeon graphic everything stays ok... BUT if I want to uninstal Intel graphic of 700mb that I dont need because laptop has better radeon, than everything is lost? Are they Connected to eachother or thay can work independently. Can you please explain if you find some free time I will be greatfull.

Thank You very much!!

5.png

6.png

7.png

amdmatt

The display on your laptop is wired to your integrated GPU, so it's expected behaviour for DXDIAG to show you Intel IGPU. Looking at Device Manager show the AMD discrete GPU and it has a driver installed.

If you open up Radeon Settings (right click on your desktop) you can see information Under the System tab what AMD driver version you are using.

To configure an application to use the AMD discrete GPU you need to open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings.

In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.

kingfish

"BUT if I want to uninstal Intel graphic of 700mb that I dont need because laptop has better radeon, than everything is lost? Are they Connected to eachother or thay can work independently. Can you please explain if you find some free time I will be greatfull."

No you cannot uninstall the Intel graphics. The laptop manufacturer's switchable graphics program requires both graphics.

1 of 1 people found this helpful