2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 6:33 AM by amdmatt

Looking for AMD Radeon HD8990 drivers

blimblam0

Hello all,

I recently purchased an AMD Radeon HD8990 gpu from ebay. A bit of background about my humble pc I have the following:

MOBO: F2A85XM-D3H

CPU: AMD A8-6600k APU

RAM: 8GB

PSU: Corsair 750M

Case: DIY

The card seems functional. It fits like a glove on the motherboard and powers on (really loud card lol) the moment I plug my monitor to it. However, there is no display going to the monitors after plugging them into the card. I'm suspect this is driver related however, I have been unable to find the specific drivers for this card. Due to this I decided to update the drivers through the Device Manager and this resulted in the card being recognized as an AMD Radeon HD8750...and sadly it did not translate into video going to my monitor.  Now, as I understand it the HD8990 is the OEM version of the HD7990. Therefore, I have a few questions:

1. Should I simply install the drivers for the HD7990?

2. Is it more of a motherboard of cpu compatibility issue?

3. Do I have to plug other cables from the psu into the gpu aside from simply plugging it into the mobo?

If anything, I'd like to make this card work with the set up I have. I do understand that I'm forcing an expensive upgrade on a budget build everywhere else.  If this is not possible I would explore the option of building another pc around this card and would welcome suggestions.