2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2016 7:29 AM by kingfish

Which drivers should I download for GigaByte Brix with both legacy VLIW5 and GCN GPU hardware?

insertcoin

I purchased a GigaByte Brix with an A8-5557m APU which is a 4 core Bulldog architecture with VLIW5 integrated GPU however it also has a GCN R9 275x GPU and the problem lies in getting new up to date GCN drivers since AMD relegated VLIW5 hardware to "legacy" drivers thereby splitting them from future GCN drivers. Now I downloaded the software that's meant to examine your hardware and tell you what drivers to install however it only recognises the APU and does not see the discrete GPU despite the fact it's linked in the Catalyst control center. I am on 15.7.1 driver and when I make it check if it's up to date it informs me YES, in spite of the fact that there's new Crimson drivers for GCN hardware.  Also I tried disabling the integrated GPU with legacy VLIW5 hardware from the GigaByte's BIOS but there's no option to do so.

So can someone please help me as it means I won't be able to take advantage of any future optimized drivers for GCN.   I tried downloading the Crimson drivers for GCN hardware and it messed everything up so I needed to use driver cleaner to remove it