11 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2016 3:49 AM by xeleron

Obsolete R7 M260 when APU Radeon HD 7620G is present!

arakeelio

So, i own a HP Laptop, wich have an A10 APU, HD RADEON 7620G, and a PCIe GPU RADEON R7 M260.

As you know, AMD killed support for some graphics, that included the 7620G on my laptop, howeber, R7 M2xx is still supported by AMD (check yourself), but, in my case, and i dont know why, both of the graphics (RADEON 7620G and RADEON R7 M260), uses the same driver! I CANT install a legacy driver for 7620G and a current for R7 M260, so, my question is...

Am I "doomed" to use legacy graphics? to accept that my R7 M260 (relatively new) is obsolete because is "united" to the APU?? is there anyway to "override" that union? (Tried BIOS and System Devices, NOT working).

Is AMD NOT supporting NEW products "embedded" to legacy ones?

B.-

• Re: Obsolete R7 M260 when APU Radeon HD 7620G is present!
          sandrino

Just try to innstall the newest crimson 16.5.1 driver and see if your r7 m260 is using the new driver whilst your older radeon 7620G is using the old driver.

arakeelio

Im I really NOT getting help!? :/

gu113

I´m asking for some help since october 2015, i have created multiple threads, nobody has a solution for this problem i have an Hp pavilion 14 with radeon hd8610G and a R7 m260- Just like you, i can´t install new drivers, i really don´t know what to do, it´s clear AMD haven´t solutions for this problem, so I´m using catalyst 15.7 because every driver after that one just doesn´t work, i´m stuck with a 1 year old driver. I bought this laptop because i knew the m260 was a GCN based graphics card so i supposed it will have support in the future, but i was wrong... please if you have a solution for this let me know, i would appreciate this.

Oh, and theres only one thing i haven´t tried and that is moddify a driver with FLEM. I´m reading some guides to try it, if it works i´ll let you know.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    sandrino

I have never run into any serious driver problems (except random crashes and one blue screen, but they are mostly gone now btw).

Usually what is supposed to happen is that the crimson drivers is supposed to innstall the newest version for your M260, but since your hd 8610G apparently is not compatible with any crimson driver, that might be a problem since both your intergrated and dedicated graphics need to have some version of crimson for this to work. (eksample: my A10 8700p runs crimson 16.4.1 while my R7 M360 runs crimson 16.5.1).

And just asking, is the radeon R7 M360 just a rebrand of the R7 M260 with a higher clock speed?

gu113

I´m not sure but i think it is, surely it has aditional options and compatibility with other new technologies but the drivers for both, the m260 and m360 is the same.

I wanted a new driver because i was having a lot of those random crashes, it works fine most of the time but 15.7 seems to be unstable, i can´t mantain a good framerate even in Dota 2 it begin with 60 fps and ends with 30 fps no matter if it´s on high or low, weird loss of performance there.. I have a coolerpad and i clean the fan regularly (last week i disassemble the laptop and clean all inside) so heat problems are discarded. the only reason i want new drivers is to see if that stop the random crashes and because the m260 still can take advantage of the possible improvements from the new drivers, but that seems rather impossible thanks to the combination of old and new hardware.

arakeelio

Well! at least im not alone on this! :/

Question, what is a driver with flem? (im looking up anyway, but would be nice to know here xD)

xeleron

Allright here's some theoretical fixes for your problems.Uninstall all AMD graphics drivers.Download the legacy drivers from AMD and install them for your integrated gpu,via device manager and not via the setup (extract the drivers from the package ).Now ,you theoretically have an integrated gpu with working drivers and a dedicated gpu with no drivers.Download the latest crimson driver and once again update the drivers for the dedicated gpu via device manager.