2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2016 2:02 PM by tuurke

Random crashing (Black screen unrecoverable until reboot?) & GTA 5 crashes

kr4k3n

Hello,

Well this issue isn't an extremely reoccurring one but it happens and it's frustrating, sometimes I'm just doing my thing even sometimes not actually playing games and all I do is open a program and as soon as the administrator confirmation windows pops up the screen just turns off indefinitely until I force restart, this has been a very frustrating issue and it seems to coincide with windows updates, it's almost like windows 10 intentionally crashes my PC just to install it's updates and that happens almost every time there is a software update that I ignore to install or something since I don't restart my PC often unless i'm forced to. Frankly this issue is getting very annoying and I was wondering if there is anyway to find out what's causing it or to fix it and the second issue is that mainly GTA 5 crashes after like 10 mins of playing it and I have no idea why, most games run fine but games like Far Cry 4 and GTA 5 crash shortly after playing them for a while, I tried a bunch of other games like Rainbow Six Siege and Battlefield 4 and a lot of other demanding games that don't crash and I have no idea why some other ones do crash.

Now for some specs and driver details:

AMD Drivers : 16.4.1 latest crimson drivers.

AMD Graphics Card : PowerColor R9 390 PCS+ 8GB GDDR5 (Overclocked a bit (GPU Clock: +6 and Memory Clock: 1600Mhz, Powerlimit: 30%)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K with an After market cooler (STOCK)

RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX Fury

Motherboard: ASUS H97-PLUS

SSD: Kingston HyperX 240GB 500MB/S

HDD: Western Digital 1 TB Blue

PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Thanks !