4 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2016 7:53 AM by Hardwood

AMD Radeon Settings - Triple Monitor Taskbar

jtb_90

Afternoon all.

The Radeon software is definitely getting better in terms of multi monitor support, but what I've noticed is with the last few builds, my taskbar on my Eyefinity enabled triple monitor setup always spans across all three.

In the settings it is set to display on one monitor, but when I log on to Windows, it spans across all three. The only way currently for me to amend this is when I log on, open the Radeon Settings software, then click on Display, then additional settings to bring up the old familiar interface. I don't have to click on anything on this interface, just as soon as it opens, it kicks in my single monitor taskbar preference.

I'm not overly bothered by it, more of an annoyance that was never there before.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Re: AMD Radeon Settings - Triple Monitor Taskbar
          Hardwood

Yes it's annoying. That and the lack of keyboard shortcuts. Come on AMD.. please bring them back!!!

romanmage

This is happening to me as well.  It's really annoying.  It's clearly a driver problem because if I rollback to an earlier set, the taskbar shrinks down to one screen at boot-up with no problem.  Unfortunately, Windows 10 just updates the drivers and BAMB!  Right back to the same behavior.  Does anyone have an answer on this? Confirmation it's a known bug perhaps?  Being fixed in next driver release maybe?

romanmage

So I ran the update utility for CCC last night and it said there was a new driver set.  When through the process, and now the taskbar works as it should shrinking down to one screen.  I just really hope Windows 10 doesn't "decide" that there is a "better" driver and write over what is installed only to mess it up again.  Bottomline, if you are seeing this issue, run the installer or update (maybe more than once) to make sure BOTH CCC and Crimson load at start-up.  CCC is the one you want to make sure the taskbar works as you expect.

Hardwood

I'm not seeing any difference with 16.5.1. I've always had Radeon Settings and Radeon additional settings load at startup but the eyefinity taskbar only centers itself if you actually start Additional settings. If I'm using eyefinity and have the taskbar centered (because I opened addtional..) then do a restart the taskbar goes back to covering all 3 screens. Same old..