5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 5:10 AM by venom

What is your thoughts on Intel HD 3000?

venom

which games you can play on Intel HD 3000?and can i run GTA V on this card?i know this card is worse than toaster

• Re: What is your thoughts on Intel HD 3000?
          savagebeastzero

Hey venom,

Which games you can play on Intel HD 3000? This is an incredibly broad question, considering the massive amount of PC titles available, but generally speaking the HD3000 is more suited for 2D gaming and some light 3D gaming from previous generations. The HD3000 isn't capable of running newly released AAA titles within any sort of acceptable gaming experience standard to make them playable, sadly.

With that being said, you don't meet the minimum specifications for GTA V and I cannot recommend you to purchase it considering the HD3000 simply doesn't possess the resources necessary to run such a title. Not that it's any consolation, but you can run GTA 3, GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas at an acceptable resolution, frame rate and with many advanced graphics settings set to their maximum values.

A good general rule of thumb for HD3000 users when trying to figure out what games can easily be played without sacrificing a pleasant experience is to play titles pre-2010. Although Intel offers a "compatibility list" for the HD3000, it's very much so stretching its capabilities in many of the lists examples and even those titles are at the latest from 2011.

Their definition of "compatible" is much different from a satisfying experience and will be sub-25FPS on many listed there. So pre-2010 games should provide you a more enjoyable 30+FPS experience or more depending on the game. Anyways, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this helps clarify things a bit more for you. Have a nice day and good luck finding some games that you'll enjoy from that list.

GTA V Minimum Specifications Below

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
          • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
          • Memory: 4 GB RAM
          • Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
          • Storage: 65 GB available space
          • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
          2 of 2 people found this helpful