2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 12:47 PM by jamesc359

Video Card Compatibily with my Motherboard?

sawers.

Hello, I hope I can help. I mount a motherboard Pegatron 2AB6 card (HP), as it has burned the video card, I would like to replace it, but reading online I note with regret that my motherboard is not compatible with any new generation. With Nvidia not stop at 500 or 600, while the ATI / AMD will stop the 6000 series or can I take a series 7000? Or maybe even a new generation? Thanks in advance.

• Re: Video Card Compatibily with my Motherboard?
          venom

Hi Sawers

You need to upgrade your motherboard to new generation and before you install your graphic card into the motherboard you must need to know about the slots  There are AGP,PCI Express x1 and PCI Express x16 and you need to read the instructions of your GPU of what kind of Graphic it is PCI or AGP and also about the Power Supply.maybe your power supply was very low so you install the heavy Card and it burn.

yYou need to remember these three things in your mind before installing GPU

1.What kind of GPU is?(PCI or AGP)

2.How much Power Supply It Cost?

3.Does my Motherboard Has the Slot the graphic card needed?

If you follow these things and install the graphic card it will go very well.i hope it help you.Have a Nice Day

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Video Card Compatibily with my Motherboard?
            jamesc359

Is this your motherboard? http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/pegatron-2ab6-mainboard-corporation-specs-151202h39/

If so, it has a 16x PCI-E slot and as such it should be compatible with any and all modern video cards. You'll most likely have to upgrade your power supply to install a discrete graphics card though. Also I'm assuming that you're running Windows 7, 8 or 10? If not then you might have a problem there.