11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 9:36 AM by ceasedabeast

Freesync screen tears & stutters for me since day one

ceasedabeast

Hey yall! Could you help me with my tearing? I'm going to try to give as much info as possible from what I can remember without rambling too much. Never had the opportunity to try Freesync in person since availability for tech is limited in my area, so I figure I'd just go all in from what I read online. Was pretty happy with my 280x, but this would be the last chance to upgrade. Ordered the awesome Fury X online along with a 29UM67 so I could get my Freesync on. Great card, and it's pretty nice to not have to worry about temps anymore! However, I've always had some sort of issue. Had a lot of stuttering at first until the drivers matured. GTA V ran awesome for a while, and thought Freesync was doing it's thing until I got Fallout 4. Only then did I notice that there was a little screen tearing all along in all my games. Currently, 16.1 seems to tear the least but it's still there. I've tried everything you could imagine with the drivers. DDU, manually deleted all related registry entries, tried every driver version, tried those weird hybrid installs of CCC and Crimson drivers or vice versa, formatted and started from scratch, installed monitor drivers, capped frames at refresh rate or lower, tried using 60hz instead of 75hz, and even tried vsync with no results. Also ordered another DP cable that seems to be higher quality which did not help. Still the tearing remains. Think that's everything? Here's my specs!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-HD3

CPU: Intel i7 4770k stock

GPU: XFX Fury X

RAM: 16gb Crucial?

PSU: EVGA 850w

Monitor: 29UM67

Fallout 4 is pretty much my go to game to test everything since I won't play it til the tearing stops. It's pretty bad and ruins the gameplay . Other games tear as well but it's not as noticeable. Also, I get artifacts sometimes on certain games like Street Fighter 5 but don't know if it's related. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!