AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Radeon HD 7800M not being used by system as a dual GPU

Question asked by armads on Apr 9, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 by kingfish

Alright, I've tried everything I know to try and make this work, so I've come here hoping someone smarter than me can figure this out. I'm running an HP Envy, which has a dual GPU setup, with one AMD Radeon HD 7800M in it, and an Intel HD Graphics 4000. Now, obviously, you want everything to run on the AMD card, rather than the less than good Intel card.

Except for some reason, nothing wants to run on the AMD card, meaning everything is assuming that the Intel card is the only card I'm using. OBS, games, everything. As such, I tried going into the bios to see if I could set it so that it wouldn't 'automatically' switch, and instead have me do it manually, but no dice. I've tried going into both the AMD settings and the Intel settings, but that doesn't help either. Everything, when detecting what GPU I have, says that it's working off of the Intel card, rather than the AMD card, despite the fact that the AMD card is the main card.

For the record, I'm using Windows 7.

Does anyone know how to force applications, and by extension the entire computer, to run applications off of the AMD card? It's far more powerful and should be doing all the work, but nothing seems to be able to actually use it.

Outcomes