6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 10:13 AM by ohim

Crimson drivers 16.4.1 Hotfix GPU heating

ohim

Crimson drivers 16.4.1 Hotfix  are heating my GPU while playing Battlefield 4 with about 5°C compared to the 16.3.2 Crimson drivers. Is anybody else experiencing this issue ?

System : Win 10 home 64 bit, i7 4790k stock, Maximus VII Ranger, 16 GB DDR 3 1866, Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-x

With 16.3.2 or previous i game at around 72-75°C in Battlefield 4, with the 16.4.1 i`m around 77-80°C without changing anything to the system.

• Re: Crimson drivers 16.4.1 Hotfix GPU heating
          brucer

whats your target temperature set at? also check your fan speed, one of the updated drivers changed your settings, yet AMD didnt feel the need to tell anyone.

• Re: Crimson drivers 16.4.1 Hotfix GPU heating
              ohim

I didn`t changed anything, everything in the driver was left on default. With the older drivers the GPU fans sit at around 40% and the 73-75°C temps, with the latest driver 16.4.1 the fans go up to almost 60% and the temps are reaching even 80°C, the PC becomes noticeable louder and pumps more heat into the room, and i don`t notice any FPS improvement to say .. ok.. more heat but at least it runs faster.

There is also an issue with Premiere Pro CC 2015 and the fast blur effect that started with the 16.3 version of the driver, submitted a driver feedback issue to AMD but i doubt it reached it`s destination.