4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 3:03 AM by daricon

Constant BSOD on Startup, Mainly caused by Video_tdr_failure(atikmpag.sys... HELP!!!?

daricon

My computer got this BSOD when I had windows 10, wasn't really doing anything like playing a heavy graphic game or editing or anything, I was just working on word then it came up with the BSOD with the error Video_tdr_failure(atikmpag.sys) which is caused by the AMD graphics card. When I restarted after the logo, the BSOD came up again and went into kind of a loop until automatic repair settings came up which I was able to get into safe mode and disabled the AMD driver from driver manager which fixed the problem but I need to use the AMD driver.

I thought it was a problem with the incompatibility between my AMD driver and windows 10 so I downgraded to windows 8.1 but it still happens. Whenever I try to install the either the newest AMD Driver or the one recommended on Dell's site which was an older version, the BSOD occurs until you disable or uninstall the driver. Throughout the time that the computer has had this issue, several other BSOD occurred as well with different issues such as System_thread_exception_not_handled

Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700M 2 GB

Intel HD 4000

Can someone tell me whether this is a hardware or software issue and how I can fix this problem, it has been bothering me for quite a while now.