0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2016 10:25 AM by mmx

AMD Drivers Problem, installing any version leads to blackscreen if not in secure mode.

mmx

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem. I installed the new amd drivers and after that my screen just turns black every time I boot up the PC. Now that I have removed them and tried to install an older version it gives the same result :-(

Everything is working fine when I am in secure mode or when I have no AMD drivers installed.

This is really annoying and I have even deleted and reinstalled windows but it does not seems to be helping.

I'm using a Sapphire R290 TriX with an i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz

On a GA-H87-HD3 Motherboard with 16GB DDR3 Ram, a Dark Power Pro P10 power supply, and an SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB for my system as well as an 1 TB SATA drive for my data.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on the most recent update.

I have tried connecting my monitor (Medion Akoya MD21147) via HDMI and/or DVI, neither seems to make a difference.

EDIT: I installed an old Beta Driver 14.3 and at least it doesn't show a black screen all the time. When I connect the monitor via DVI AND HDMI it is identified twice. Might be a driver issue with the choice of connection? I'm still not sure whether to update to a newer driver or not...