12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 1:25 PM by kingfish

How can I replace my incompatible Graphics card after "Get Windows 10" showed no incompatibility.

creese1857

How can I replace my incompatible Graphics card without getting the black screen? I updated my PC after "Get Windows 10" showed no incompatibility. No driver is available for ATI Radeon X300 SE. If I restart my Desktop with my old card, I end up with the Restart Loop with Thread Exception error without a file name. I replaced the graphics card with one that is Windows 10 compatible, however, I end up with a black screen with no cursor. The hard drive shows activity. I don't have onboard graphics, so changing the BIOS did not help. I put the old card back in and did a clean install and eventually made it past the restart loop. There is no driver to uninstall, is there a .sys that I can rename? Will it work if I install the driver before putting the new card back in? I can't turn off my PC or I go "loopy" again and no updates install. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am all searched out and tired of pulling my hair out.