0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 4:04 PM by stahl087

Audio Ports not working

stahl087

I have had trouble with the AMD audio driver for years, but this is the first time I have been unable to hear sound completely.

After being prompted to and installing the newest audio drivers, the motherboard audio ports and case ports on the front stopped detecting devices.  I can't connect speakers, headphones, or a mic to any port.

It shows two items in the playback devices no matter what is connected called SPDIF Interface (TX0) and SPDIF Interface (TX1).  When selected, they don't make any sound through anything, and so I've had them disabled for as long as I can remember.

I can play sound through HDMI to my monitor, but the speakers on my monitor are quiet and very poor quality.

Troubleshooting audio problems just tells me nothing is plugged in, no matter which port I am plugging into.  This happens for all devices I plug in.

For whatever reason Windows 10 has no idea what motherboard I have, only that it is gigabyte, and I don't know how to check which version of audio drivers I have. 

Does anyone have a possible explanation?  I'd be happy to provide more specs if someone can help me with how to find them