5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 4:53 PM by craftyshinobi

A10-7870K + R7 250

luisfpr

I've recently purchased a low profile Dell R7 250 (No Power Plug) to pair it with my A10-7870K APU in Dual Graphics mode. I've seeing huge performance gains with this simple and cheap configuration in 1080p settings and my FPS are between 60 to 30 average (Sometimes dipping down to 15 FPS for just seconds). I've run different synthetic benchmarks such as Uniengine's Valley and Heaven, both with similar results. However I've noticed more performance gains just by disabling Ambient Occlusion in settings, with and average of 10 to 15 FPS gains.

I believe this is a nice option for any player that is tight in budget and wants nice playable performance out of an APU.

Hope this can help anybody considering this nice to explore gaming environment!

• Re: A10-7870K + R7 250
          neon

During the previous Trinity/Richland generation of APUs, I did some testing with dual graphics using my Radeon HD6670. It was pretty clear that DX10 and up was required for any performance gain to show up. Did you find that to be the case in your tests?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              luisfpr

I've tested some old gen games that utilize DirectX 9 and 10, and what I can say is that this new generation of APUs works flawlessly with DX9 and DX10. However with DirectX 11 I can tell that API has being developed not towards AMD technology, but in favor of NVidia. Still waiting to see the difference DirectX 12 will make to my APU setup, since we all know DX12 works with AMD technology very well.

Will keep you posted as soon as I get Ashes of the Singularity or any other DX12 game.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              craftyshinobi

I love my Godavari. However my Radeon HD 7850 was chugging away a bit better so I stuck with it as my main graphics.