6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 2:38 PM by tomtalk24

POLARIS 10

hardcoregames™

There has been enough propaganda out to pay off the national debt 3 times over. The new Polaris 10 GPU is looking like a solid product that gamers will like.

Propaganda has it  having 2560 Stream Processors alongside clock speed of 800 MHz with overall performance within the range of 4.0 TFLOPs.

This would be a better than my HD 6970 or my GTX 660 Ti so it looks like the Polaris 10 is the next GPU for my box

Hope it is less expensive than the Titan X which is stupidly expensive

• Re: POLARIS 10
          brucer

I would most definitely wait, especially with the crappy drivers amd has been producing for the last 8 months with the Fury/fury-x gpus..

tomtalk24

Don't forget Vega, also 14nm, HBM2 and even better power to watt. With a guesstimate release of late 16 early 17 I'm holding off to see what that will bring.

Looking forward to seeing what this next gen architecture across the range can do in the real world. 

brucer

The only way I'll buy another AMD product is, if it is on the market for over a year and considered stabile... 

They are completely overpriced for what your receiving and the sporadic mess you have to put up concerning the lackluster driver support for supposedly flagship products....

tomtalk24

Don't think I have ever brought anything expensive without checking it out first. I was tempted with the Fury Nano, initial issues stopped me and with what I'm reading about Polaris 10/11 and Vega I'm happy to wait and see how they turn out. NVIDIA will have Pascal by then so plenty of options and opinions to check out.

The end of this year is looking very good, cant wait.

EDIT:

Big Pascal wont be around until late 2017. AMD are miles ahead with moving onto 14nm and VR, proof is in the pudding I guess. Roll on...

1 of 1 people found this helpful